Sunday 3 January 2016

49/52 Bits and Bobs!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Where did 2015 go??? Wow...that year seemed to go so fast!!! 

So we are now at the start of 2016 and I thought I'd do a round up of my year long challenge :D 

I know...this is only post number 49 so I'm 3 short of the 52, but I do have several things to show you in it though :D That's my excuse!!! I decided it was better to round if off as we have passed the year end, but I'll still be posting regularly and I have lots of ideas still unfinished so you'll be seeing them in 2016 :D

I thought I'd finish with a few other things I've made which had slightly different things in for me, but that I haven't posted here yet. I made these in December.

First off we have another spinner ring. This is the second one I've made using my new technique. It wasn't until I was well into making this that suddenly I realised I had created little sets of eyes all around it! That wasn't planned! They look like eyes either way up as well!! :D


Next we have a moulded shell. I know...we all make those...but this one was made in full 3D from a very special shell for a client, and it's the first shell I've done with this type of bail attached to it :D



Next is a simple ring - but I'd never made a Z ring before - again this was for a client. I think it turned out quite well. It has a wavy back to it - forgot to photograph it from that side though!


Then some little sparkly drops set with 8mm stones. These are from my Bag of Bling!


Finally we have a turquoise pendant. I actually made this one as an example while I was teaching an Art Clay Level 2 diploma recently...so why is that different? Well using turquoise and gold together was on my challenge list. I really like the combination of the two and will make more using those them.


BTW the spinner ring at the top was also made while I was teaching that L2 workshop. It's the bonus of a 1-2-1 workshop, I can often fit in demo-ing a few extra things ;)

So that will be it for challenge entries and whilst I didn't hit 52 I don't mind as I have really enjoyed it! I've learnt lots of new things and had fun - what else can I ask for!!

2016 marks 10 years for my business, and 10 years that I've been using silver clay - so watch out for posts about special offers as I'll be celebrating all year long!!!

Have fun!

Joy x











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails