Tuesday 13 November 2012

Bird a Month 10/12 - Peacock Splendour

 
OK, I am on catch up now :) Long time no blog, (bad blogger - wrist slapped!) and I have challenges to get up to date with!!
 
So first of all my Bird a Month Challenge. Here is my piece for last month, I've called it Peacock Splendour (for obvious reasons!).
 
It is a fine silver pendant made using Art Clay Silver and has Enamelled Accents and an aquamarine cz stone.
 
This is one of two pieces I have recently made using QuikArt Ultralite templates from Metal Clay Supply in the USA. These templates are designed to allow you to save clay but I ended up using them a different way to create texture plates and I am quite pleased with the outcome. I post more about how I used them in the future.
 
Below is another piece made the same way. I have called this one Rainbow Zing as it is so bright and colourful :) 

 
Next I will get my Four a Month Challenge back up to date, and then I can make my pieces for this month!
 
Still, I guess it is better to be too busy than bored!! ;)
 
Have fun!
 
Joy

4 comments:

  1. Stunning peacock Joy. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both Peacock & Rainbow Zing, really love the colors! how do you achieve the colors?
    So pretty :) I want them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! The colours are all traditional vitreous enamel fues onto the finihed silver pieces :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails