Wednesday 19 October 2011

Bird a Week 42/52 - Avian Thimble


Somebody asked me recently if I ever made silver thimbles and you know I never have, so I decided to see if I could make one. This was my second attempt, the first never got as far as being fired so will be reconstituted back to silver clay.
 
 
I will not be going into mass production of them as they are a bit fiddly but if this one sells once it is hallmarked I think I will make a few more as it was quite fun to do and it is nice to make something that is not jewellery occasionally.
 
Here is the Haiku

Sitting on the round
Silhouette with spring blossoms
Avian Thimble

I have been busy fixing dates for next year for some Masterclasses I have been asked to teach in the UK. I will tell you more about them in my next blog post but if you can't wait then pop over to Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery where I will be teaching two brand new workshops next March :)

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful piece of art. I like thimbles, have a few old ones. But this one is gorgious!! Hugzzz...peebee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails