Thursday 9 June 2011

MCWC Workshop in Chicago


It is not long now until the Metal Clay World Conference in Chicago in July. I can't believe it has come round so fast! I am teaching a pre conference workshop and giving presentations during the conference.

I am teaching my Enamelled Accents technique. Above is a little sampler palette showing the colours we will be using. I normally only use leaded enamels but for this I was asked to use unleaded so these are all Thompson enamels. I have tested quite a lot of colours and liked this mix which I think has quite a lot of possibilities.

We have Lime Yellow, Aqua, Prussian Blue, Turquoise and Rose Purple. All of these colors work direct onto silver.

I am now making examples using the colours. I have called this Lunar Lights....


and here is the reverse of it. I made the texture using my friend Lynne Glazzard's paper texture technique and it is set with 2mm & 3mm CZs.


This one is called Squaring Up .....


and the reverse. Another paper texture and a 4mm CZ.


I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone makes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails