Friday 27 May 2011

Bird a week 21/52 - Birdie Brooch


This week it is a brooch! I don't make a lot of brooches but I enjoyed this one and people have been asking for them so watch this space!

I made a paper texture using my friend Lynne Glazzard' s technique and then added one thin layer of enamel to the fine silver (Art Clay silver) brooch. Quite tricky to photograph but it has a lovely subtle look to it.

On the back I made a brooch pin in sterling silver wire which I soldered on after enamelling. Thank you Nic on PMC Tips blog for the idea. I am quite pleased with how it turned out so I am feeling inspired to make more :)

This Saturday I am at the Heathfield Show in the craft marquee. This is a very long day 8am - 6pm and normally a very busy one so fingers crossed! :)

If you are coming to the show please do stop by and say hello. We are near the red gate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails