Sunday 30 January 2011

Well that was FUN!!

My first ceramic workshop today with Anna Keiller was so much fun!!

We started off with big lumps of clay which we conditioned first. After the tiny amounts I use with silver all the while this took a bit of adjusting to!!Anna uses various techniques for making her ceramics and today we covered making bowls by using press moulds.

This is my first attempt using the plaster of paris mould, and here it is once I turned it out after it had been drying for a while (well actually I chickened out and Anna turned it out for me!)...
and the inside.

We were a fun group all working hard. Some had been before so were progressing onto more advanced things like Brian here
This was my second bowl which I decorated inside with pressed in ferns...

and my last attempt where I coiled and pressed in clay. I decided to change this to a wall hanging rather than a shallow bowl so turned it out in reverse.

I had not realised that I had gone for such a swirling theme until I looked at my photos afterwards!!!
So this was my work after 2 1/2 hours. I did make a small extra but I have blocked that out, you will have to wait to see that one :)

All in all a very enjoyable workshop, can't wait for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails